IALFM Sunday School is a non-profit school founded by the community for the community. We have been serving the community since 2000. Our mission is to provide an age appropriate educational program to our students from Pre-K thru 8th Grades (4 to 14 years old) based on the principles of basic primary & secondary education encapsulated in a rich Islamic atmosphere. Classes are held at our premises located at 3430 Peters Colony Road in Flower Mound, Texas. We strive to provide an enriched supportive environment through exploration, discovery, and creativity under the guidance of trained & caring staff to help foster learning in our students. Our goal is to prepare students to conduct themselves as responsible and respectable citizens of the community, the nation, and the world at large.
We work hard to serve the community by maintaining affordable tuition rates & providing need based grants in the form of scholarships thru ERF Program. All of this is possible thru volunteers from our community who work together to operate our school. All functions of the school are run by a team of volunteers, starting from Administrator to Teachers, Teaching Assistants & Substitutes. As an independent non-profit school we receive no financial support from any level of government and depend entirely upon tuition, fees, donations, volunteers, and fund raising activities to balance our annual operating budget. As tuition fee income alone is not sufficient to cover the entire cost of operations, we therefore appeal to our community to assist us in maintaining and more importantly enhancing the services IALFM Sunday School provides to the community.
The long term growth and sustainability of this institution depends entirely on the generosity of our wonderful community. We invite you to explore different projects that we have to find out more about how you can get involved through the available programs. We are always looking for volunteers to actively participate in our Education Committee and provide teaching & administrative services in different roles.
Levels & Graduation Requirements
The school has developed curriculum for five levels. Students attend each level for two years. Students are eligible to begin Level 1 if they are at least 4 years of age by September 1 at the start of the school academic year. Although students remain in the same level for two years, they do receive different instructions each year as we use different set of books. Below is a description of the classes. Students graduate upon completing 2 years of level 5 or entering the 9th grade in their regular schools.
Levels, Age Groups & Grades
Level 1: 4 to 5 years old on September 1 (Pre-School/Pre-K & Kindergarten)
Level 2: 6 to 7 years old on September 1 (1st & 2nd Grades)
Level 3: 8 to 9 years old on September 1 (3rd & 4th Grades)
Level 4: 10 to 11 years old on September 1 (5th & 6th Grades)
Level 5: 12 to 14 years old on September 1 (7th & 8th Grades)
There are two sessions of our Sunday School.
Morning Session: 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Afternoon Session: 11:45 am to 2:15 pm (incl. Dhuhr Salah)
Each session consists of 2 main classes of 60 mins each and a 15-30 mins break for snacks (cost is included in tuition fees).
The school uses a variety of study materials, including books by Yahiya Emerick, Iqra, Islamic Services Foundation and other notable scholars. Parents are responsible for the cost of all books & other study materials like pencils & notebooks, etc. (included in Supply fees). All students are required to use a standard Sunday School Canvas Bag for study materials. We do manage a collective buying process for books & other supplies for parents. When available, we also offer used books in good condition at 50% discount to parents on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Extra Curricular Activities
IALFM Sunday School is dedicated to providing a nourishing atmosphere with a balanced curriculum. Special events such as a Hajj themed project competition, Quran competition, and a Spring time picnic, where our students are asked to develop fundraising activities are regularly scheduled as part of the Sunday school curriculum. Students are encouraged to bring their pets and other home projects they may have worked on to display for picnic attendees.
Basic Curriculum Overview
IALFM Sunday School’s curriculum is age based and consists of topics like basic lessons in Ethics & Human values, short stories to teach basic Principles of Life, Good Qualities of a Human Being, how to establish Healthy Habits & basic Arabic language in Levels 1-3. Levels 3-5 focus more on World Cultures and Arts, the History of Islamic & other Empires of past and the Contributions of Muslims to the Modern World. Students also receive primary level instructions in reading and writing basic Arabic as a second language. As students enter higher grades, more comprehensive details on these subjects becomes an area of greater focus in their classes.
Tuition for 1st Child: $65/Month
Tuition for 2nd Child: $40/Month
Tuition for 3rd Child: $20/Month (same fee applies to 4th Child & more)
Registration Fee for One Child: $60 (one-time charge)
Registration Fee for Two or more Children: $100 (one-time charge)
Supply Fee: $25/Child (one-time charge)
- On the registration day, you will be required to pay Registration & Supply fees along with the cost of all books that your child/children may need for their levels
- Fees payment can be made via:
- ACH Debit Payments from your Bank (you will need to provide your bank account info)
- Personal Check (post dated checks for tuition fee payment)
- Credit/Debit Card or
- Tuition fee also includes cost of snacks provided to children during break in each session
- Tuition fee also includes Security Fee (security services are provided by an FMPD Cop during school hours, 9am to 2pm, a total of 5 hours)
- Fees will also be utilized to pay for Speakers Fee on special events (2 such events are planned for this year), Volunteers Appreciaiton Lunch & technology needs (computers, etc.)
- Cost of books is not included in the Tuition fee. It is a separate expense & varies depending on the level your child is enrolled in
- Tuition fee is due on the 1st of each month, beginning in September, and ending in May
- Late fee of $10 may be charged if tuition fee is not received by the 5th of each month. This includes declined credit/debit cards & NSF checks. Additional bank fees may also apply
- There is a 10% discount, only on Tuition fee, when paid in full (9 months), at the beginning of the academic year
- For families in need of any financial assistance, our masjid may provide assistance thru an ERF Program. Please go to our ERF Program page for more details on how to apply for assistance.
Our school is run entirely by volunteers from the community. Volunteers are utilized to complete the following tasks and/or fill the following positions to operate school.
- Classroom/Snacks Break setup, supervision & clean-up
- Clerical duties
- Classroom Aides in Training (for 9th -12th graders)
- Classroom Aides
- Substitute Teachers
- Classroom Teachers
- School Administrator
- Education Committee Members
Interested in Volunteering for Sunday School? – If you are interested in volunteering for our Sunday School, please complete & submit the Volunteer Registration Form on our website.
See more info on Education Committee over here.
Contact & Feedback
You can contact the Education Committee or any of its members by sending an email at: email@example.com
Please take time to read the Parent Handbook linked below.
IALFM Sunday School Parent Handbook (PDF)